2017 Forum on Aging in Rural Oregon, April 20-21
On April 20 & 21, community members, family caregivers, elder care professionals, primary care providers, policy makers, and philanthropists will gather in Hood River, Oregon for a forum on making it easier for seniors to age in place in rural Oregon. Topics will include:
- Fighting Ageism
- Achieving Person-Centered, Age-Friendly Care
- Community-Based Palliative Care in Florence
- Understanding Tension Between the Generations
- Rural Resources for the Older Patient
- The Homecare Workforce: How Can You Get Involved?
- Meeting the Behaviorial Health Needs of Older Adults and Adults with Physical Disabilities in Rural Oregon
- Medicaid, Dual Eligibles, and Where To Turn for What
- Share the Care: Organizing to Support Caregivers
- The Whys and How-Tos of Creating an Age-Friendly Community
- The Elder Service Innovation Grant Program
- & More!