GRANTMAKERS of Oregon and Southwest Washington is a community of funders working to strengthen and expand philanthropy and improve the vitality and health of our communities. The organization is a resource for funders, an advocate for ethical and responsible charitable giving and a catalyst for effective philanthropy. Read our Vision, Mission, Values & Goals, our Guiding Principles, and our Vision 2020 Strategic Plan to learn more about who we are.
To promote effective philanthropy in Oregon and southwest Washington by providing our members with the services and support they need to succeed.
A philanthropic community that enables all people of our region to reach their full potential.
PREMISES THAT GUIDE US…
- We believe philanthropy can play an important role in creating a just and equitable region.
- We believe everyone has the ability to contribute to the common good.
- We believe even small investments can have a big impact.
- We believe e ective philanthropy comes from strong partnerships with communities and nonprofits.
- We believe informed and collaborative philanthropy is more effective. We believe in the power of local knowledge to inform philanthropy.
- We believe philanthropy is a major contributor to the health of our communities.
THE IMPACT WE INTEND…
- Delivering equitable and inclusive philanthropy.
- Grantmaking in tune with the unique and diverse assets and needs of all our communities.
- Strengthening the culture of giving in our region.
- Improving the ability of philanthropy and our nonprofit partners to achieve results.
- Connecting and coordinating the philanthropic, nonprofit and government sectors to improve communities.
The Forum of Regional Associations of Grantmakers is a national network that facilitates effective philanthropy that strengthens communities and improves lives throughout the United States. Find your regional association at givingforum.org
As the sector-wide network representing all Oregon nonprofits, the Nonprofit Association of Oregon (NAO) works across the state to strengthen and connect nonprofit leaders, organizations, and the sector as a whole. Learn more at nonproﬁtoregon.org
Grantmakers for Effective Organizations (GEO) is a diverse community of 500 grantmakers working to reshape the way philanthropy operates. We are committed to advancing smarter grantmaking practices that enable nonprofits to grow stronger and achieve better results. Learn more at geofunders.org