Animal Grantmakers Conference THIS WEEKEND!
If you haven’t yet signed up for the Animal Grantmakers Conference, now is your last chance! Join GRANTMAKERS members and national funders for a special 4-day conference focused on all issues related to animals.
Sunday, October 15, 2017
- Opening Reception: “Can’t Get the Critters Out of My Work”: A visual talk with animal advocate/cartoonist Berkeley Breathed – co-hosted by GRANTMAKERS of Oregon and Southwest Washington
- Field Trips: Oregon Outdoors or Oregon Humane Society/ The Pixie Project
Monday, October 16, 2017
- Sessions on the history of animal rights, animal law, and animals in the entertainment industry
- An information session on Animal Grantmakers
Tuesday, October 17, 2017
- Diversity and Inclusion in Animal Advocacy Work
- Breakout sessions on advocacy, anti-terrorism/ anti-poaching, and endangered species
- Dinner keynote on factory farming
Wednesday, October 18, 2017
- Sessions on sustainable agriculture, food systems, and food science innovations
- Tour of the Tofurky Factory
… And the best part is, the entire conference is FREE! Thanks to a generous sponsor, the entire conference is underwritten for any funders who want to learn about animal grantmaking.