What is grantmaking? What are the main components that make up grantmaking in a foundation? What resources, approaches, and tools does a foundation employ to leverage for impact?
Grantmaking 101 will kick off a series of trainings focused on the skills needed to run a foundation and be an effective grantmaker. This two-day workshop will provide a high-level overview of the world of philanthropy, including:
- Types of foundations or giving programs, the landscape of charitable giving in our region, and trends in the sector
- The “science” of grantmaking: financial and legal basics
- The “art” of grantmaking: due diligence and best practices for eliminating barriers to nonprofit impact
- How the history we’ve inherited as grantmakers interrelates with our work
- Philanthropy’s “great debates”
Join us for the remainder of the series, which will offer a more rich deep dive into the various areas of grantmaking…
- Grantmaking 102: Analyzing Nonprofit Financials
- Grantmaking 103: Legal Issues and Foundation Governance
- Grantmaking 104: Effective Grants Management
- Grantmaking 105: Funding Advocacy and Social Change
Members must be logged in to register. Log in here, or by clicking “For Members” in the navigation bar above. If you have not set up a username and password, you can do so at gosw.org/membership-registration.
Our programs are open to anyone who meets our membership criteria. If you are not currently a member but you qualify and would like to attend, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for registration assistance.