Are you a new staff or board member at a grantmaking organization? Have you worked in philanthropy for a while but never really received any formal training? Are you a seasoned grantmaker who wants to brush up on your knowledge and skills?
If so, please join GRANTMAKERS, in partnership with the Minnesota Council on Foundations, for Grantmaking for the 21st Century. This interactive two-day training will provide you with key concepts, field knowledge, and concrete tools to excel in your grantmaking role.
Grantmaking for the 21st Century combines the hard and soft skills of effective philanthropy practice. Participants will reflect on the personal mission, identity, and experience they bring to the field while exploring the broader system in which the work happens — the history of philanthropy and emerging trends in the field.
Participants will gain:
- New and lasting connections with other grantmakers in the region
- Knowledge about the past and future of philanthropy
- Increased self- and role-awareness in their work
- Understanding of opportunities to build equity and inclusion into philanthropy
- Key tools and renewed perspective around understanding financials and evaluating impact
And participants will reflect on the following with their colleagues:
- What motivates your work in philanthropy?
- What questions continue to return to you about work in this field?
- What challenges are you facing currently in your work?
- What’s now, new & next in philanthropy?
Our trainers include Leah Lundquist and Katina Mortensen of Minnesota Council on Foundations and a panel of local experts. Morning light refreshments will be served at 8:30 and lunch will be at 12:00 both days.
The Eliot Center
1226 SW Salmon Street
Portland, OR 97205
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with finding lodging, transportation, and parking information.
Current members must log in to register – click on For Members to log in.
Member registration is $275.00 for the full two days, and the non-member rate is $325.00. Continental breakfast and lunch are included. Please notify us of any food allergies or dietary restrictions you have at the time of registration.