The Board has a strong preference for organizations serving Multnomah, Clackamas, and Washington Counties in Oregon.
How to Apply
A letter proposal, not to exceed two pages, should explain fully:
- the purpose for which grant funds will be used,
- the applicant organization’s plan for accomplishing this purpose and who will be served,
- who else in the community is providing these services, and
- the background of the applicant organization, including its mission and programs.
Attachments to the proposal must include:
- annual budget, including revenue and expenditures
- most recent audited financial statement
- a budget of expenditures and revenue (secured and projected) for the requested funds,
- a list of revenue sources committed and proposals pending,
- a list of the applicant’s Board members,
- and a copy of the applicant’s tax determination letter.
Review Process & Deadlines
- February 1 – Education Organizations
- April 1 – Social Services & Health Organizations
- June 1 – Arts, Culture, Environment & Civic Organizations
- August 1 - Education Organizations
- October 1 - Social Services & Health Organizations
- December 1 - Arts, Culture, Environment & Civic Organizations
If the Foundation needs additional information about your proposal, you will be contacted about submitting supplementary information or about a site visit. Grant award decisions will be made within 12 -16 weeks after the deadline date. If your proposal is declined, the Foundation will ordinarily not review another proposal from your organization for a period of one year.