In this half-day workshop, Kate Kilberg and Kimberly Pray, Partners at Catalyst Law LLC, will walk participants through a foundational understanding of legal and governance issues that all foundation staff should be aware of. We will explore topics such as:
- What documents are legally required from a grantee?
- What is tipping and when should a foundation be concerned?
- Are discretionary grants legal? How large can they be?
- Self-dealing and conflicts of interest: What do they look like and how can foundation staff avoid common pitfalls?
- What is “expenditure responsibility” and what are the IRS requirements associated with expenditure responsibility grants?
Members must be logged in to register. Log in here, or by clicking “For Members” in the navigation bar above. If you have not set up a username and password, you can do so at gosw.org/membership-registration.
Our programs are open to anyone who meets our membership criteria. If you are not currently a member but you qualify and would like to attend, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for registration assistance.