Job Posting: AGE+ Programs Director
AGE+ is a growing organization with a new vision for aging in Oregon. Our focus is on community empowerment, capacity building and systems change. We believe in the strengths and abilities of people and communities to build sustainable, replicable models of support for older adults and their families. Our programs primarily focus on rural settings although some of our activities and advocacy are in urban areas.
We are seeking a Programs Director to provide focus and hands-on management for our initiatives such as Housing & Services, Grandparents Raising Grandchildren, Circles of Care, COVID19 Community Outreach and Community Conversations on Aging. This position reports to the President but will also work closely with a visionary CEO and small but mighty team of dedicated staff. Our ideal candidate will be interested in future leadership opportunities within the organization as we continue to expand our depth and reach.
This is a full time salaried position with full health & dental benefits, 401k and paid sick and vacation. Annual salary range: $60,000-$65,000.
- Responsible for successful adaptation and implementation of multiple programs within the organization
- Support the mission and goals of the organization
- Direct program activities and supervise related staff
- Operationalize AGE+ Equity Policy and Plan throughout our programming 5. Manage program budgets, contracts and grant obligations
- Evaluate programs by creating and implementing program metrics to support operational decision making and funding opportunities
- Prepare program grant reports and contribute to the grant writing process 8. Develop strong program relationships w/community groups, local advisory groups, partners and volunteers
∙ Passionate about improving the lives of older adults, especially those with low incomes in resource constrained environments.
∙ Experience working in rural settings with utmost respect and appreciation for rural communities.
∙ Personal and/or professional experience with aging populations, recognizing the strengths, challenges and opportunities of the aging process.
∙ Focused on results and advancing aging issues throughout Oregon.
∙ Comfortable in entrepreneurial, sometimes ambiguous space as we pilot and adapt approaches based on unique aspects of each community.
∙ Welcomes and adapts positively to feedback.
∙ Has a collaborative working style but self-directed
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- College degree
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to see the big picture while managing details
- Successful at motivating & supervising remote staff
- Commitment to equity and experience operationalizing DEI principles 7. Ability to travel around the state, keep flexible schedule
To apply: Submit resume, 3 references and cover letter showing your passion and relevant experience with older adults and specifically your commitment and experience advancing equity in your community Please email email@example.com and include your first and last name in the subject line. Position is open until filled, but interested candidates are strongly encouraged to respond quickly.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, heritage, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability.