GRANTMAKERS of Oregon and Southwest Washington is a nonprofit membership organization of grantmaking organizations. Our mission is to promote effective philanthropy in Oregon and Southwest Washington by providing members with the services and support they need to succeed. GRANTMAKERS members include private and family foundations, corporate foundations and giving programs, Tribal funders, and government funders, community foundations, and public charities. Our work is focused on promoting best practices and responsible charitable giving, sharing information on issues impacting our sector and our communities, and bringing funders together in collaboration and partnership. To learn more about our organization, please visit www.gosw.org. Information about regional associations of grantmakers can be found at www.givingforum.org.
GRANTMAKERS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring staff that represents the communities we serve. Racial, ethnic, and religious minorities, LGBTQIA+ people, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
The Grantmakers of Oregon and SW Washington staff is a small, dynamic, and highly-collaborative team. The Program Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and works collaboratively with the Marketing & Communications Coordinator and the Office Manager.
- Schedule, and execute learning sessions and networking events in collaboration with the Executive Director and the Program Committee, including writing program descriptions, coordinating speakers, meeting management and marketing support. GRANTMAKERS typically offers 1-3 programs a month, as well as a large conference every other year.
- Manage the work of a volunteer Program Committee, including scheduling meetings, drafting meeting agendas, coordinating committee work plans, and providing tools/resources to support program planning
- Identify and solicit sponsorships for specific programs in partnership with the Executive Director
- Prepare post-event evaluations and report results to the Executive Director and the Program Committee
- Organize and staff GRANTMAKERS events in partnership with GRANTMAKERS’ team (managing venues, signage, name tags, handouts, catering, AV, room set-up and tear-down, etc.)
- Maintain positive relationships with current members by conducting outreach regarding GOSW programs and responding to member requests for program resources and support
- Manage and support ongoing and emerging member Affinity Groups
- Work with the Executive Director and the Conference Committee to design and execute a conference every other year
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Qualities, Experience, & Qualifications
- Subject-area knowledge of philanthropy and/or the nonprofit sector preferred
- Program coordination expertise preferred
- Knowledge of membership organizations and engagement strategies desired
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a small team to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced, solutions-oriented environment
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to develop and maintain collegial relationships with the staff of member organizations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with and coordinate committees
- High level of ethics, diplomacy, and the ability to maintain confidentiality is expected
- Commitment to GRANTMAKERS’ principles & practices of equity in all programs and services
- Salesforce experience or familiarity with other CRM systems or databases
- Experience in a Mac-based environment, and with general office systems and software
- At least three years of progressively responsible work experience, preferably in the nonprofit or philanthropic sector
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
This position will require periodic travel within GRANTMAKERS’ service area and occasional work outside of normal business hours to staff special events; as well as occasional lifting/moving objects of moderate weight including boxes of supplies and meeting materials and arranging venue furniture. Valid Oregon driver’s license required.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary Range: $40,000-$45,000
Vacation/Holidays: 15 days of vacation, 8 fixed holidays 3 “flexible” holidays, 12 days per year in sick leave
Health Care: Health, Dental, and Vision care for the employee; family members may be included at the employee’s expense
Other Benefits: Following a successful first 90 days, staff will qualify for a Simple IRA plan. GRANTMAKERS contributes 6% of the employee gross annual salary beginning on the date of eligibility.
Professional Development: GOSW is committed to providing its employees with multiple opportunities for on-the-job training, career advancement, conference attendance and supporting professional development. We encourage you to engage with the Executive Director about opportunities for growth.
To apply: please send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com and type Program Coordinator into the subject line.