The right resources make all the difference! We strive to provide our members with the best and most cutting edge knowledge on grantmaking, the social sector, and the work of their philanthropic peers.
GOSW ARE PROUD MEMBERS OF
OTHER GREAT RESOURCES
- The Center for Effective Philanthropy is a great resource for funders concerned with improving their foundation’s performance through data-driven insights. We recommend their “Transparency Talk” blog.
- Exponent Philanthropy was created to help small but passionate foundations create big impact.
- The Foundation Center is to Grantmakers what GuideStar is to nonprofits, where you can learn about your philanthropic peers and their funding strategies.
- GrantCraft is a great place for practical guides on just about every grantmaking issue, from grantmaking with an equity lens to grantmaker-grantseeker relationships. They also publish an annual “blueprint” predicting what the next year’s top issues will be.
- Grantmakers for Effective Organizations is an Affinity Group that publishes great resources on the philanthropic sector.
- Learn Foundation Law is your legal guide to all things philanthropy.
- Learn Philanthropy is a site created for the sector, by the sector, and covers all the basics, like a philanthropic glossary, key distinctions, and learning briefs.
- Mission Investors Exchange is an Affinity Group dedicated to sharing best practices around mission-related investing.
- National Center for Family Philanthropy is a national Affinity Group for family foundations, with peer learning and excellent tips on how family foundations can engage with current sector trends.
- DEI Consultants is a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion list of individuals, consultants, and Firms suggested by member organizations.
The best way to keep up on the latest research in the field is by visiting our library. Members can search for resources and place holds as digital patrons of our library. Or, come visit us and browse our collection.
SEE OUR LIBRARY
Click below to learn more about using libib & to view our collections.
LIBRARY OF PHILANTHROPIC LEARNING
Our searchable library database (libib) allows users to find resources by author, title, year of publication, or subject tag. A full list of subject tags is available in the upper right corner of the screen.
Members can sign up as patrons to place holds and check out items. Simply click on the “Patron Login” button on the left side of the screen to get started.
We encourage our members to visit our library regularly, as we are constantly updating it to reflect the latest and best philanthropic learning.
MEMBER DIRECTORY & CODE OF CONDUCT
GRANTMAKERS of Oregon and Southwest Washington’s list of members is a convenience for members wanting to connect with one another. It is not intended to be used for solicitation of any kind, for promoting the interests of any organization or made available to the public. Please respect the confidentiality of your colleagues in philanthropy.