The right resources make all the difference! We strive to provide our members with the best and most cutting edge knowledge on grantmaking, the social sector, and the work of their philanthropic peers.
Recommended DEI Consultants – January 2017
2016 Year in Review – November 2016
The State of Philanthropy in Oregon (factsheet) – October 2016
Grantmaking to Communities of Color in Oregon – December 2010
OTHER GREAT RESOURCES
- The Center for Effective Philanthropy is a great resource for funders concerned with improving their foundation’s performance through data-driven insights. We recommend their “Transparency Talk” blog.
- Exponent Philanthropy was created to help small but passionate foundations create big impact.
- The Forum of Regional Associations of Grantmakers is the parent organization of GRANTMAKERS. The Forum’s website can help you find all the regional associations in America and beyond.
- The Foundation Center is to Grantmakers what GuideStar is to nonprofits, where you can learn about your philanthropic peers and their funding strategies.
- GrantCraft is a great place for practical guides on just about every grantmaking issue, from grantmaking with an equity lens to grantmaker-grantseeker relationships. They also publish an annual “blueprint” predicting what the next year’s top issues will be.
- Grantmakers for Effective Organizations is an Affinity Group that publishes great resources on the philanthropic sector.
- Learn Foundation Law is your legal guide to all things philanthropy.
- Learn Philanthropy is a site created for the sector, by the sector, and covers all the basics, like a philanthropic glossary, key distinctions, and learning briefs.
- Mission Investors Exchange is an Affinity Group dedicated to sharing best practices around mission-related investing.
- National Center for Family Philanthropy is a national Affinity Group for family foundations, with peer learning and excellent tips on how family foundations can engage with current sector trends.