GRANTMAKERS of Oregon and Southwest Washington is a membership association whose mission is to inspire effective philanthropy in our region. The following groups making grants in Oregon and southwest Washington are eligible for membership:
- Private grantmaking foundations
- Private operating foundations endowed to operate programs and award grants determined by donor or governing body
- Community foundations subsidized by endowments and a broad group of contributors
- Corporate foundations
- Corporations with a grantmaking program or organized giving program
- Public foundations, charities or government entities whose principal purpose is grantmaking
- If an organizations is both grantmaking and grantseeking, membership eligibility is contingent upon the GRANTMAKERS of Oregon and Southwest Washington’s Board of Directors determination of the following:
1. Grantmaking is primary to applicants’ mission
2. Applicant operates a competitive grant program
3. Applicant supports multiple qualified charitable organizations or individuals
- Organized Giving Circles with a grantmaking program
- Individuals with Donor Advised Funds
- Any trust company or bank that manages charitable funds, trusts, or foundations that make grants for charitable purposes
In addition to our traditional membership categories, we offer an associate membership level for members who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Individuals living in Oregon or southwest Washington who are active members of eligible grantmaking organizations that make grants outside Oregon and southwest Washington
- Philanthropy-serving organizations recognized by the United Philanthropy Forum and/or Council on Foundations
- Emerging members – individuals, groups of individuals, companies, and other potential members who are exploring the formalization of a grantmaking program (maximum: two-year associate membership before transitioning to a traditional membership level)
GOSW Alumni Connect
- Retired grantmakers who are not active as independent consultants to grantmaking organizations (independent consultants may attend programs at the request of member organizations)
- Download the application for more details
Not sure if you qualify?
Email us at email@example.com to find out.
|ESTIMATED 2017 GRANTS AWARDED IN OREGON AND SOUTHWEST WASHINGTON||2018 DUES|
|$100,000 – 199,999||$1,250|
|$200,000 – 499,999||$2,100|
|$500,000 – 999,999||$2,720|
|$1,000,000 – 2,999,999||$4,180|
|$3,000,000 – 4,999,999||$4,600|
|$5,000,000 – 9,999,999||$5,160|
|$10,000,000 – 14,999,999||$7,320|
|$15,000,000 – 24,999,999||$10,100|
- Members with offices located fifty miles or more outside the Portland Metropolitan area may take a 25% discount
- Government entities receive a 50% discount and/or dues capped at $3,000
BENEFITS AT A GLANCE
Connection to a network of nearly 100 member organizations
Over 30 programs & events a year
The chance to participate in geographic gatherings, funder type specific learning exchanges, and engaging committee work
Unlimited access to national, regional, and local philanthropic resources
CODE OF CONDUCT / ELEGIBILITY OF ATTENDANCE / GUIDING PRINCIPLES
CODE OF CONDUCT
The meetings and activities of the association shall not be used for soliciting grants, attempting to influence the grantmaking decision of members or to solicit for professional services. The foregoing is not intended to stifle networking, collaboration, or special programs offered to the membership by GOSW. It is intended to maintain a comfortable, respectful atmosphere in which professional relationships can be maintained. Therefore, discussions at meetings are to be considered “off the record” unless explicitly stated.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ATTENDANCE
Any person officially affiliated with the grantmaking program of a member organization or an organization eligible for membership may attend meetings and other activities of the association. Members are allowed to bring guests only when such guests would be eligible for membership.
GRANTMAKERS of Oregon and Southwest Washington is a nonprofit membership association whose mission is to inspire effective philanthropy. Membership in GRANTMAKERS is available to any qualifying organization or individual whose primary purpose is grantmaking. Grants must be to multiple organizations or individuals.
GRANTMAKERS is committed to providing members with networking, knowledge and professional development opportunities that meet member needs and add critical value to their work.
Watershed Support is general operating support that allows GRANTMAKERS of Oregon and Southwest Washington to continue to provide high-quality programs and high-touch service to our members. This is an excellent opportunity if you don’t have a particular program in mind, and/or want to support the behind-the-scenes work of keeping our members connected to the broader philanthropic community.
If you would like to take advantage of one of these opportunities, contact Ali Benson at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.